Sunday, April 15, 2012

Safety for Single Senior

My mother, who is 60 years of age, is planning a holiday in Fort Lauderdale in early March and will be staying at the Sheraton Yankee Trader. She will be travelling alone this year, and I would appreciate your comments on how safe the city is for a single senior lady. She enjoys the sun, strolling along the beachwalk, plans to shop along Las Olas and at The Galleria and Coral Ridge Malls, and attend the Art Festival. Would it be better for her safety to wait until next year when I could accompany her, or am I being unduly concerned?



Thanks for any insight that you can provide me.



Safety for Single Senior


All the places you have mentioned are in perfectly safe areas. How is she planning to get around ? Will she have a rental car, be taking taxi%26#39;s etc? I don%26#39;t see anything to be concerned about from waht you have described so far.



Safety for Single Senior


She%26#39;ll be fine, just apply the normal precautions that you would in any city. I%26#39;m not that far behind your mother in years (btw I would hate to be referred to as a senior lady LOL) and I would not hesitate to visit Fort Lauderdale alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment