Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Floridays through VRBO website

Our family will be traveling to orlando in February andfound a great deal through VRBO for Floridays. I got my confirmation emailed today. We have never rented like this before so I am a little worried. The property is now being handled by a place in Davenport Fl and If i have any concerns I am to call them. I was instructed not to check in but go directly to the unit( i was given the passcose) Is this normal? What about a parking pass etc? Any help would be appreciated !



Floridays through VRBO website


Hi chrise, I know there are several forum members who have recomended VRBO but they must be asleep



I%26#39;m sure someone will be on later today.



Sorry, I have not dealt with them :(



Floridays through VRBO website


Hi





I assume the unit is privately owned and you have rented directly via the owner. Which in my opinion is the best way to go, I always rent villas directly.





It is quite normal to receive a passcode, or lockbox code, to access the property. There is usualy a small box at the side of the door and you enter the code they have given you and then you can get the key out.





I%26#39;m not sure about a parking pass, I would send them a quick email to ask if I was you.





Hope this helps.




that what I do at my house-a lockbox.





And, if floridays has restricted parking (most places don%26#39;t) then ask the owner to call the Floridays resort and tell them of your check in so that you can receive a pass then. They should then have a record of your stay and will record your rental car plate number when you arrive. Most hotels with open parking lots will ask for the tag number at check in.




Floridays is a condo-hotel.



I would personaly check with the desk.



Most of the units will be privately owned but can be rented out by the management and desk as would be the case in a normal hotel.



If you are expecting to have all the services i.e. room cleaning on a daily basis as a normal hotel(which is the concept) the hotel would have to be aware of your arrival.



Are you sure they will be notified?



I did visit with a view to buy but bought a home instead. They are very nice accommodations.




I have rented twice direcgtly from the owner and receiced a pass code for the lock box. We never had a problem always a nice experience. I have rented through orlando-villas.com





Davenport is aver nice community. e-mail the owners if you have any questions.





Enjoy!




Was it Floridays that you rented at or was it a villa?



I have a villa and leave the keys in a coded box but I%26#39;m not sure if this is common practice at a condo-hotel




having rented thru VRBO on a few occasions we have never had problems with parking.When it was a condo we rented there was a parking pass left in the info book they leave for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment