Saturday, April 21, 2012

Everglades City, Shark Valley, 10,000 islands

I just posted several tips in the ';everglades city'; forum. Summary: we stayed at the Rod and Gun and I recommend it; we ate at the Seafood Depot, the Oyster House, and the Roadkill Cafe - all 3 were good; and biked to Smallwood%26#39;s Store/Museum. For details go to my posting in the ';everglades city'; forum.

A few comments about Everglades National Park:

Tthe boat ride in the 10,000 Islands was fantastic! It cost $26 and was worth every penny - we saw lots of birds, fish, and, best of all, many dolphin! The dolphin even came up right close to the boat and were riding/playing in the wake of the boat!

I%26#39;ve seen the most birds and alligators in Shark Valley - many more than I%26#39;ve seen anywhere else - but only when I go in January. When I went the other day (October) there was nowhere near the amount of birds/alligators that I usually see in January, but it was still worth it. I%26#39;ve never done the tram ride. I always ride a bike. I come here at least once a year and always love it. I always go very early in the morning and I think that makes a big difference. It is cooler and I suspect there are more birds out then.

Everglades City, Shark Valley, 10,000 islands

I went last year as a side trip on my annual visit to Florida for baseball%26#39;s Spring Training. It was early march and i have never seen so many aligators in my entire life combined. The guide at the beginning of the tram ride said we would get ';alligatored out'; and he was right, i saw over 100 or it seemed. The tram ride was cool, would like to do the bike next time, and planned to last year but they were sold out.

G Man

  • fish
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment