Thursday, April 12, 2012

Help me, Obe Won Konobe!

It%26#39;s beginning. Last year, for our anniversary week -- last of May, first of June -- we rented a basic place in the Truman Annex. For this year%26#39;s anniversary escape, I%26#39;ve been exploring Sanibel Island, and our old standby Duck on the Outer Banks, and even Chateau Frontenac in Quebec. But a few days ago, it began. Out of nowhere, I heard the Cat Man saying, ';Dunewalker, sit, no...come here! Dunewalker!'; And I suggested to the Hub, ';Why don%26#39;t we just go to Key West again?'; And he didn%26#39;t balk. Really. Last year, Lower Duval was ankle-deep water one day we were there and it rained 6 inches in Ft. Lauderdale the day we flew in and another 5 as we were trying to drive back to the airport the next week. Why am I craving more KW and what will happen if I don%26#39;t get back there in June? Please advise. Thanks.



Help me, Obe Won Konobe!


Dunewalker - It was obviously your presense that was the cause of our record setting rain last year. If you do not come to Key West, we will probably remain dry. While that may answer a portion of your question, it%26#39;s not a whole answer. The other side is to recommend the path of least resistance with a hubby that didn%26#39;t balk. Come back to our %26#39;once again dry%26#39; island this year. If you bring rain, we%26#39;ll just deal with it and just in case, pack your waders.



Help me, Obe Won Konobe!


It happens to the best of us. We go to Key West, drink the water (or ';something';) and we are addicted for life. Don%26#39;t fight it, or it will only get worse!! If you need a change of scenery, stay someplace different -- like a nice bed %26amp; breakfast. ;)




Very rare occasion, only happens when Orbitus 12 is in alignment with Girard. I...AM...YOUR....FA-THER.....




It%26#39;s called the '; Keys Disease ';





It%26#39;s not a bad thing and I hope never to be cured.





Many of us here have it and now it sounds like you have it also. Enjoy it ,it%26#39;s a good thing !




I became extremely ill about 8 seconds after I got off the plane at EYW. It%26#39;s getting worse and worse. Keys disease is the best sickness I%26#39;ve ever had.




I got it too...



11 more months, and I don%26#39;t have to deal with snow, so why am I going all the way across the country (8 hrs tarmac to tarmac)for sun in December?





Must be the frozen key lime pie on a stick.





MUST....HAVE!




Let the FORCE guide you grasshopper! Oh I am getting my shows mixed up.




Hello?





Ohmigawd, it%26#39;s not Obe Won Konobe...





...it%26#39;s OBI WAN KENOBI! Like fer sure!




mikemongo





Personal %26#39;spell checker%26#39; fer sure!




Mikemongo, I, the Catholic diocese spelling bee champ in my day, am so embarrassed. It looked wrong, it even felt wrong to type it, but when Keysickness hit me, I quickly looked it up on the Internet and that%26#39;s the spelling that came up! It%26#39;s actually Obi-Wan Kenobi with a hyphen. I%26#39;m mortified. Only a seaside sunset disciplinary session with Dominque the Cat Man can cure me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment