Thursday, April 19, 2012

Expedition Everest........ the truth please......

Now please dont laugh - but i spent all my time on Soarin with my eyes shut and holding on so tight to my seat - it was a white knuckle ride for me - have no idea why!!

I have done the Mummy, and Rock and Roll Roller Coaster - but just found i was scared to death on Soarin.

The thing I would like to know is...... how bad is Expedition Everest - how big are the drops, are they worse than Jurassic Park ride?

Expedition Everest........ the truth please......

I%26#39;m not laughing, but Soarin%26#39; is nowhere near as scary as R%26amp;R Coaster! If you can do The Mummy, R%26amp;R and Jurassic Park, you should find Expedition Everest a piece of cake. Missus won%26#39;t go near any of them but you can%26#39;t get her off Soarin%26#39;!

EE has one backward in the dark stretch (which I suspect corkscrews like R%26amp;R) and one fast drop which you can see from outside. The rest is standard coaster fare

Expedition Everest........ the truth please......

if you did R%26amp;R and the Mummy you will be fine!!!

no loopin just a backwards fall!


to be honest EE is good but i found it quite mild.R%26amp;R is similar to it so you should be fine


Thank you so much - I didnt do Jurassic Park as it was too high - but I think I may do EE.

Im soooo excited......


If it helps any at all, know that the ';restraint'; for Expedition Everest is only a lap bar...nothing more.

If you only have a lap bar restraint, you can always know that the ride isn%26#39;t all that bad.

As stated, one ';corkscrew'; section going backward in the dark, and one ';big drop'; is the only ';wild'; sections of the ride.


Is it fair to say that EE is like thunder monutain at Magic Kingdom??

I dont like scarey rides but didnt mind thunder mountain. We didnt get round to EE last time we went but if its like TM I might just do that ride this year.


IMO EE is in the same ';thrill bracket'; as the mummy so you should enjoy it


Think of Everest as Big Thunder Mountain ';stepped up'; a bit.

Same kind of ride, but faster and with sections in the dark and backward.


I%26#39;m not laughing at you, because I, too, held on tight during Soarin%26#39; and was afraid to swing my feet for fear of falling out of the sky (sounds ridiculous now). I did go on Expedition Everest twice and LOVED it! I%26#39;m not a big fan of heights, so if you don%26#39;t look down on the first climb, the rest is a piece of cake. Be prepared to see a broken track before you go backward...and keep in mind, you do not do the same track backwards as you did forward, although that is how it will seem when you get to the backwards part. My 9 and 10 year old sons loved it too....and they are bigger chickens than me. Have fun!!!!

PS. My husband video taped the whole ride while on it...that is some indication that it isn%26#39;t too wild.


I really did not do well on EE, going backward in the dark at a pretty fast speed, sudden sharp turns, I was very sick, not afraid, just sick. Soarin didn%26#39;t bother me too muck. Only one major drop on EE and you are going backwards at the time. If you get motion sick watch out for this one.

  • software
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment