Thursday, April 19, 2012

Gulfgate or Oceania for February trip

We are going w/ our son and his wife to Destin in mid February and I have looked at condos online until I am now pretty confused. I need to lock into one today or tomorrow...I have narrowed it down to Gulfgate and Oceania. I have searched this site, but am not getting current replies on either. What is your opinion of the location of each, as well as the beach there? I have looked at them on GoogleEarth but it has been 10 years since we have been down there and I bet a lot has changed, also my memory is failing me. We stayed at Shoreline Towers last time, and I loved the views! This time I am hoping for nice kitchen and furnishings, great views, convenient location, and since we are going in February when swimming won%26#39;t be an option, I am wanting reasonable rates. I am leaning toward one of the Gulfgate condos, but the floorplan of Oceania looks really nice, although it is more expensive. To my surprise, every time I select one, it turns out to be unavailable, guess there are less vacancies on the beach than I expected! Thanks so much for all your help!



Gulfgate or Oceania for February trip


Also, regarding the renourishment of the beach...is this beach area still good? I am leaning toward Oceania, as the pictures of the condo are calling my name! I am running out of time and keep procrastinating. Any comments would be welcome! Thanks!



Gulfgate or Oceania for February trip


Destin Gulfgate is one of my favorites. Only 72 units which means the beach isn%26#39;t that crowded. All units are 2 br, 2 ba. All units have a 30%26#39; balcony overlooking the water. Balcony runs from the master br to the living room. It%26#39;s nice to have the stoplight there so a left turn onto 98 is easy. Also close to the Back Porch so I can sit there imbibing. Anything else?




Do you know how the beach is at either of these 2 places? I saw the pictures of the beach at Jetty East and YIKES, that was sad! The beach there is eroded away.




The beach at DG was never an issue.....semco, do you know differently?




The beaches are pretty narrow at both places. If you want a big beach, look in the Crystal Beach or Miramar Beach areas. The beaches have been renourished there.





The Google Earth images are pretty old last time I looked.

No comments:

Post a Comment