Saturday, April 21, 2012

My belated Trip Report - 12/29 ---01/06

OK...I`ll try to report back what we did...oh...almost a month now...shame on me!!!







So BrazilFamily4 consists of me, husband and 2 girls 12 and 14





It麓s been our 5th time as a family and my 10th and every time I leave with the feeling that still there is so much to do and see...







- we arrived Dec,29 by night( after a great week in NYC), got the car and went to our hotel at LakeBuenaVista ( Howthorn Suites ). Left luggage and went to Olive Garden for dinner...





We were sooo tired from all the walking in NYC that we allowed ourselves a late wake up...well, that麓s what vacations are for...and my husband and 12 yo are sleepheads!!! lol





Got our tickets and went to MK just on time for the Christmas Parade and up the stairs of the railroad station is a very nice spot to see it!



Just lovely!



We manage to do a lot,left the park around 1 am



Highlight for the family was the Monsters inc laugh floor, SOOOO FUNNY!



Haunted Mansion: didn麓t see anything new, really...did I miss something?





And then the most awaited moment ( well, for me!!!)came: Dinner with Goofy!!! OMG, he is a cutie...and the food at LTT was great, loved the place!





It was a lovely day, we covered almost everything and all the parades and fireworks...





Next: NYE at Epcot ( most crowded day ever...)



My belated Trip Report - 12/29 ---01/06


You missed a few new things at Haunted Mansion.





1. Where the old spiderwebs used to be when you begin the ';climb to the attic'; is now a huge set of stairs with ';ghost feet'; running up and down.





2. The ';head in the glass ball'; is now floating around the room whereas it used to be stationary.





3. The bride%26#39;s role has been expanded somewhat to include photos of her ';deceased'; husbands and she is now talking and holding an axe in her hand.





4. I think the graveyard scene has been ';darkened'; somewhat and it%26#39;s a little harder to see in there, but no big changes in that section.





5. The new ';doom buggies'; have much better sound systems and are a little smoother and not quite so jerky.





That%26#39;s about all I know that%26#39;s new in the H.M.







Keep the trip reports coming!!



My belated Trip Report - 12/29 ---01/06


YIPPEEEEE !



I%26#39;m going to save them all and read them all at once.



Keep typing :)




wow Kat...thanks for that!



It麓s been a long while since I last went to HM, but next time I麓ll take this list with me...lol




Having a hard time to remember it all...lol





Dec, 31 Epcot





After breakfast at hotel, got at Epcot around midday and no more fastpasses whatsoever...lines were really huge...around 3 hours...





We were there same time last year and the crowds were not like that...This was my 4th NYE at Orland and had NEVER seen like this...



Well, after a first shock we decidd to have fun and walk around world showcase,but I have to say it was really hard even to walk!!!



and then it started to rain...lol ( what could be worse now???)





Anyway,after some burguers we spent a while in the phone talking to our family and doing some shopping at France, England and Japan...It was really fun to be at England at their New Years time...





Oh...did I mention a smell of Marijuana after midnight near Italy/German? It was funny when my 12 yo said: '; what is this smell,mum? someone must be feeling sick!'; well, I wasn麓t expecting something like this at Disney, really! No judging but it kind of took the magic away...





After the 7pm illumination it was dinner time:we have booked Les Chefs de France and after a long wait we can say we had a very nice meal!



Girls lve creme brulee!





we then walked to the world showcase entrance where there was a really good DJ...lot麓s of fun! and the countdown for 2008 was great...and all the fireworks, wow...that was really something!!!





and we managed to go to Testtrack just after midnight! But there was still a lot undone and it will have to wait for next time now...guess no more NYE at Orlando for a while...





Anyone else was there?




Brazil,





I%26#39;ve never been there on a holiday day, so thanks for this. Am waiting for the next. I hope you learn that getting up early is good there, even if you have to bounce some members of the family out of their beds!




Amanx, don麓t tell me about it!



I麓m an early riser so it really got on my nerves but after 17 years of marriage I gave up trying to fight it...lol





This year was really packed, maybe because of the weak dollar, but Christmas time at Disney is something everyone should experience!




Jan, 1= MGM





all day at Tower of Terror and RocknRoller Coaster...lol that麓s our faves...first row, last ow...you name it!





Lunch at our fav Brown Derby!!! love the food here





Parade was great and a bit of shopping and the beautful Osbourne Lights...





Publix, cooked dinner and bed!





this evening it started to get really cold, next day was 1C!!!





So the next two days was DTD and Shopping at Mall at Millenia( girls can麓t get enough of that Abercrombie...)



We ate at Bahama Breeze,PF Chang and Cheesecake Factory at Winter Park. never been to Winter Park before so it was a nice change of ambience,more to explore next time!





Animal Kingdom was next, I love this park!!! and met Goofy again!



Then dinner at Boma! we all liked it very much and maybe next time will stay at AK Lodge!





So next two days was Universal Parks but...husband LOST the tickets!!! Well, what can I say? My husband is Mr Organizer! He keeps the tickets and ALWAYS write down the numbers or xerox them...but not this time!!!



He was down for breakfast at the hotel cafeteria and I don麓t know why left the tickets on the table and they ended up in the bin!!!



We went to the hotel麓s trash deposit(is this the correct word?) with gloves and broom but...



He was so angry with himself that we did not dare say a word to him...poor thing! lol



So, again...we decided to give Universal a miss and went again to MGM and to a basketball game later on!





Next day we went to a friend麓s house in Kissimie for a barbecue and pool day! well, to cold for the pool...



We had fun despite all the little problems and already looking forward to go back!



Can麓t wait for the Harry Potter place...




Am I a doubting thomas to think that those valuable tickets didn%26#39;t end up in the hotel bin? The world%26#39;s biggest breakfast tip is what I%26#39;m thinking.





Yeah, I know some people are honest. But more aren%26#39;t. I found a hundred dollar bill once and turned it in can you beleive- bet the guy I turned it in to kept it ;-( Kept the 20 I found on a miami sidewalk though.





Glad to hear you are having a good time still- tell hubby if he was up earlier in the morning these mistakes maybe wouldn%26#39;t happen? Well, take any advantigae you can I say.




The tickets were in a blue envelope and the cleaning lady saw then at the very same table where husband and daughter had breakfast. She also helped us in our search...



Well...lesson learned I guess lol




I%26#39;m enjoying every word so far



Awful about the Tickets :(



Can%26#39;t wait for Harry Potter Too :)



So glad you enjoyed Boma, LOVE IT ! AKL is one of our Favourites, make a plan to stay there, what ever it takes, maybe a week or two before Christmas next time



OK OK go on

No comments:

Post a Comment