Sunday, April 15, 2012

Orlando for 1st time - Int. Drive hotel/area advice req.

Hi all,

myself and the other half are planning on going to I.D. next month for 11 nights and need some advice.

We will be hoping to fly in on the 18th Feb and looking to stay on I.D. for 11 nights as we dont drive.

Can someone give me some advice regarding nice hotels in I.D. that are within walking distance to shopping, places we can eat out and most importantly, are open at night time so we can spend the nights close to our hotel at the cinema etc.

What part of I.D would be best for us? North or South of West Sand Lake Road?

We have a budget of roughly 拢500 for accommodation for 11 nights and would prefer somewhere that is safe, clean with its own TV with a few decent channels if possible.

I have had a good look through the reviews but it all seems confusing as I dont know what part of I.D. suits our needs.

Any advice is appreciated.

Many thanks :)

Orlando for 1st time - Int. Drive hotel/area advice req.

This place is really nice but not walking distance. They do have a shuttle to Universal, which is close to I-Drive, so maybe they have one to I-Drive itself, too. Worth a call or email:

http://www.shinglecreekresort.com/

Orlando for 1st time - Int. Drive hotel/area advice req.

Thanks for that but we really would prefer to be within walking distance of something to do at night.


There are several restaurants and a multiplex cinema at or near Pointe Orlando. Hotels that come to mind of the type of budget you mention (depending of course on availability) in easy walking distance are:

- Hampton Inn Orlando Convention Center (is actually on Universal Blvd, but it%26#39;s a very short walk across a parking lot to I-Drive)

- Quality Inn Plaza (on I-Drive, but is close to I-4 so some traffic noise).

There are a few others, but these may be more expensive. I%26#39;d say you need to be south of Sand Lake Rd, and North of Sea World (better still, just north of the Convention Center).


hi pointyshadow,

if you want peace and quite than stay from seaworld down to sand laka road and if you want hustle and bustle than try sand lake down to wet and wild.

i like the quality inn and homewood suites just behind bahama breeeze

there is plenty to so and you can walk to many places to eat,drink

many thanks

pam


Hi PointyShadow,

I would also recommend the Quality Inn Plaza. It is directly accross the road from Pointe Orlando and there are plenty of nice, inexpensive restaurants within walking distance. There is also an I Ride stop outside which enables you to travel up and down I Drive with ease (and cheaply). Some of the reviews of QIP aren%26#39;t great but I found it to be clean and comfortable. I am returning there in October.


Pointy.......i%26#39;d recommend the Fairfield Inn, canada ave. I personally thinks it a right gem of a hotel, a real bargain with shuttles, suites and free continental breakfast. We%26#39;ve stayed there once before and will be heading back in 09.

Its is not directly on i-drive but on a street that runs parallel, its about 2 mins walk to the hustle and bustle of things. Its in a nice quiet area yet as i say restaurants, shops and the like are walkable.

Universal is even walkable if you dont care to use the shuttle they offer. Again, if you dont wish to use the shuttles then its about $8 one way to universal and $72 return to disney. Both i-ride trolley%26#39;s are close by (the one that runs up universal boulevard and the one that runs alot i-drive). Its close to the florida mall too.


Have a look at the Crowne Plaza Universal, Sand Lake Road. This gets some of the best reviews and we have booked to go there in May.


We%26#39;ve too stayed @ the crowne plaza - a very VERY nice hotel.

The only reason we never stayed there the second time was the fact virgin/jetsave no longer %26#39;sell%26#39; it :%26#39;-( !!

The hotel itself is really lovely, they too have shuttles.

We wont ever stay in another area but this one.....crowne plaza is just behind the fairfield inn i mentioned earlier. Its just a slightly longer walk - but only by minutes.


The Crowne is sold out so I will need to hit that one on the head.

We are getting offered a cracking deal on the Quality Inn Plaza.

I have read the reviews of it and it can be mixed but has anyone here stayed there recently? If so, can you please share your experiences of the hotel please?

Many thanks.


Sorry to be negative, but last time I stayed at the Quality Inn, 3 years ago, I checked out the next day!! I like bright, clean, modern rooms, not something out of the 70%26#39;s. The Quality Inn Plaza is the same.

Sorry

  • textbox
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment