Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Casa Marina

Greetings,





With all the great advice I received with my earlier post, I thought I would ask another question. I wish I found this site before I did my planning.





My wife and I along with our two boys (15, 16) are planning to spend a week at the Casa Marina. Looking at the overall rating and some of the reviews I am questioning if I am making the right decision. Our decision for the Casa was based on the pools, somewhat of a beach (the boys are use to rocky shores, etc.) and thinking it may be a little quieter being off the beaten path, providing somewhat of a retreat from the excitement.





It is not clear if problems during the construction caused the low rating of the Casa and are now over or if there are better accommodations I should research. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The price we are paying for a suite at the Casa is expensive. I don鈥檛 mind paying a high price if the accommodations and service live up to the price. This is a major trip for the family and a lot for us to spend; I just want to make sure I am selecting a good location to stay.





Thanks.



Casa Marina


For what you described, The Casa sounds like a good choice but I am not sure how done they are with the renovations and for the amount of money I am sure you are spending I would want EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING done. I wouldn%26#39;t want to even see a paint can in a corner. I would call the hotel directly and ask the Front Desk Manager exactly what is done and what still needs to be done.



Casa Marina


and get a name and specifics incase there is a problem during your stay.




Right now, based on the latest reviews, it sounds like the Casa Marina is just about back to where they were prior to huricane Wilma and the reconstruction.





I%26#39;ve stayed at two extremes in Key West; the Casa Marina on the south side and the Pier House on the north side, and the Casa has a better beach and better swimming area and is, in general a nicer property. The suite I stayed in was great with a small balcony overlooking the east end of the beach and the ocean. You could sit there at night and watch the moon over the water and hear the waves lap at the shore. And their pool was better than the pool at the Pier House. And there is a watersports place right on the property.





The Pier House has a much better location. You can walk into town for breakfast, go back to the hotel to sit on the beach, walk back out for lunch it you wanted, then back to the hotel for more beaching. IMO the food, both breakfast and the beach-side bar, is better at the Pier HOuse, but this is subjective. The Garden View room that I stay in and the Harbor View that I got once are very nice rooms with great views, and they have the advantage of being less expensive. There are also suites in the harbor view building and newly built suites on the old Havana Docks, neither of which do I know the proce of.





The net is that I think you%26#39;d be happy at the Casa Marina, but you should also check the cost of a suite or a room with two queen-sized beds at the Pier House. Just to do a little comparison shopping.





hth



Pjk








Thank you for the help. I just checked the Pier House and they didn%26#39;t have any suites or rooms to accomdate 4 avaialble. I called the Casa and they claim that all construction is complete. I pressed the 100% and they claim yes.





For now I will stick with my reservation at the Casa, again thank you very much for the help.





Paul




Good, stick with it. I think its a better fit for what you are looking for compared to Pier House and please report back and let us know what you thought of it. Have a wonderful time!




Thank for the help. It is greatly appreciated. I will definitely provide feedback.




The Casa Marina is beautiful now that the renovations are completed! The rooms and suites are gorgeous and I would NOT hesitate for a second to stay there. I think you and your kids will absolutely love it. The pools are wonderful, and you%26#39;ll also have a beach area! You chose a great place!




My friends recently stayed at Casa Marina and LOVED it. They were still doing construction at the time, but my friends said it wasn%26#39;t a problem. I have wanted to stay there and would if I were you! It%26#39;s a beautiful place - and that was before the work was done. (I haven%26#39;t been over there since it was completed.)




All,





Thank you very much for the help. We will be staying at the Casa and I will be sure to post afterwards.





Thank you,



Paul


  • hand soap
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment