Saturday, March 24, 2012

What to do with your belongings while in the parks....

Hi All,





Apologies if this is a silly question but this will be our first time heading to Orlando (myself and my hudband).





Just wondering what you normally do with you wallet, car keys, sunglasses (hopefully we will need them!!!), camera etc while going on the rides as we will certainly be going on them together.





Are you allowed wear a bun bag on the rides and is this normally safe??





Thanks



What to do with your belongings while in the parks....


Hi there!.





My partner and I always carry a backpack when we visit the parks.





At the Disney parks, all the rides have some sort of space in the vehicle which will accommodate a backpack of average size.





Some of the rides at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure are different though. Some rides like Duelling Dragons have lockers situated next to the ride which you can use for free while you are riding.





Any other questions, don%26#39;t hesitate to ask!.



What to do with your belongings while in the parks....


Some rides allow you to take a small bag on. For other rides there are lockers provided.




Hi excitedireland,





the answer to your question is, it depends! on most rides, you will be allowed to take your stuff with you. however, on more crazy rides like roller coasters, they will supply lockers for you to put your stuff in. disney and seaworld both charge a small fee for locker use, while universal supplies them free of charge unless you use the locker for more than an hour (which is usually not necessary).





you are allowed to wear a (bun bag..? think i know what you are talking about) on the rides, even roller coasters i believe. things you cannot wear are things that would easily fly off on a crazy ride, like hats and sunglasses.




Great, thanks guys!!!




I think Excited Ireland meant a ';Bum Bag'; (UK Term),



but u guys call if a ';Fanny Pack'; in US.





I know this coz me n the otherhalf had a row over this ';Fanny Pack';. I thought he was winding me up and rowed about it for quite a few hours. So convinced i was correct (Im never wrong!) i decided to ask a local only to be crushed.





My brain does not understand ';No'; %26amp; ';your wrong';.





Im still in therapy.





Caz Essex




For your sunglasses you can buy a strap so they dont fall off.Dont know abouit hat.I didnt o on any rides where hats and sunglasses fall off




At Christmas I had a small bag just with purse,glasses and camera in that I was wearing across my body and they still would not let me on some of the rides with it.This was at Universal studios.Luckily there were several of us so there would always be someone to look after things.I would definately go with the bum bag thing if you can.



We personally do not like to use the lockers unless it for something big and replaceable because last time we were at Disney a few girls had their locker broken into and all their stuff went-passports,money the lot.




Wow, sorry annie that your things were taken...never had that problem, but that had to be a bummer. We always use a fannypack, as it fits your ticket, sunglasses(when not in use), money, small sunblock/lip balm, small digital camera and my cell phone...we do carry a backpack and keep it underneath the kids stroller for other misc. items such as snacks, wipes etc...never been a problem. Hope this helps!





The Disney Chicks




myself and my girlfriend go every year and as she is a diabetic she needs to carry medication etc with her at all times so she wears a bum bag to the parks . Another tip is to wear shorts with velcro pockets so you can keep your wallet sunglasses and camera safe on the rides

No comments:

Post a Comment