Saturday, March 24, 2012

Sarasota/Bradenton for NYE

Hello! My sister and I, although with our boyfriends are staying at my parents place in Bradenton for NYE. We%26#39;re looking for something fun to do, a fun place to go that night. We%26#39;re all in our late 20%26#39;s and hope to find a place with a similiar crowd. Maybe a place where we could dress up a bit?? Any ideas??





Thanks!!!



Sarasota/Bradenton for NYE


Sorry I meant ALONG with our boyfriends :)



Sarasota/Bradenton for NYE


There is a great street festival in downtown Sarasota complete with a pineapple that drops at midnight. Bands, restaurants etc. will all participate. Lots of fun!



The other end of the spectrum is dinner/dancing in 1 of the hotels....not very exciting for your age group.



~SRQgirl




Yes, I%26#39;d go downtown to the party. There is also the option of going to The Gator Club in addition to the party (band and dancing upstairs but call to confirm). It%26#39;s smoky in there if that bothers you. Last year, they were charging an entrance fee and they gave you a wristband. You could go in and out of the club as much as you liked (it%26#39;s in the middle of where the street party will be). The cover was kind of high but the good thing was you didn%26#39;t have to use the portable restrooms! I didn%26#39;t pay the fee because our friends didn%26#39;t want to go in there (smoke), but I would have if they were not with us. I think it was $30 or $35. Again, give them a call. The cover won%26#39;t be nearly as high as somewhere in Chicago though.







http://www.thegatorclub.com/







Also, most in their %26#39;20%26#39;s like the bars at Siesta Key, but not a place to really dress up. I%26#39;d go for the street party and/or Gator Club myself and go to the places at Siesta Key on another night.




Just saw you are in your LATE 20%26#39;s. Definitely downtown and/or the Gator Club. I missed that part and thought you were around 21 or 22. That%26#39;s more the age of Siesta Key, although that is fun too and I recommend that area for another night.




Thank you SO much for all your help, guys!! I think we will definitely head downtown and to the Gator Club. Sounds like a lot of fun!





Happy Holidays!!



Moira




Let us know how you liked it!




Thanks for your suggestions, guys!! My friends and I went to the festival in downtown Sarasota and we all had a great time!!





Hope everyone had a wonderful New Years!!



Moira




I was wondering if you had fun. Did you end up skipping the Gator Club like we did the year before?




Sorry I just got this!! Yes, we did go to Gator Club and it was a great night! We kinda went in and out of the club. It was actually warm that night....we can%26#39;t say the same for the rest of our visit!!





Oh, and actually I%26#39;m just about to post something again.......maybe you have some ideas. I%26#39;m coming to Sarasota with a few of my girlfriends for one of my girlfriend%26#39;s bachelorette parties on 4th of July weekend. We are going to go into Tampa on that Saturday for her actual ';bachelorette night';, but on Friday, the 4th, is there something fun to do for the 4th?? Maybe something on Siesta Key?? Fireworks, etc??





Thanks for all your help!!



Moira




Yes. There are fireworks on Siesta Key and in downtown Sarasota..2 different locations.



Big crowds. Better think about booking a place.



~SRQgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment