Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Beach Pictures

I love photographing my kids on the beach. I have pictures of them on diffrent beaches all over my home. This is our first trip to Destin we have been to Penacola Beach many times so I know for beautiful the white sand is.



I was wondering if anyone can offer any tips of times and places to get great pictures. We are staying at Destin West but will drive were ever we need to go.





Thanks



Beach Pictures


If you%26#39;re taking the pictures near the middle of the day, when the sun is overhead, use your flash to fill in the shadows on their faces, preferably within ten feet of them (not knowing what type of camera you%26#39;re using).



Beach Pictures


I was always told that the light in early morning and before dusk will be beautiful for pictures. I have to say that I did not follow this advice, and in all my pics at the beach it is usually too sunny and the faces are not sharp, like too much glare.




You would be much better using a digital SLR with a UV filter for mid day shots - dawn/dusk will get you the best lighting.




I have a good camera its a cannon A720 8.0MP...but its not a digital SLR I would love one of those but I would be to afraid I would break/ loose ect... So I have a Point and shoot with some manual abilities. It does have a beach setting actually.




Not far from Destin West, (just east of it) on Eglin property, the beach is unspoiled. Great place for photos, but please stay off the dunes.





Another spot worth looking in to is Henderson State Park in Destin.





A lot of people shoot at dusk. Many wear white shirts and jeans .

No comments:

Post a Comment