Monday, April 23, 2012

Is Florida weird ? I don't think so but ...

Weird is just part of Florida, and strange stuff seemingly happens every day in just about any part of the state.





There was the Port St. Lucie man who was sentenced to 25 months in prison for selling a gorilla skull, among other things, on his Web site.





And it seems like in nowhere else but Florida could customs agents find a human skull, complete with skin and hair attached, in the suitcase of a woman returning home from Haiti. She told the agents at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport that it was to ward off evil spirits.





A bit farther south at Miami International Airport, there was a different problem. A pirate radio station called Da Streetz was sending rap music into cockpit radios, while a radio station directing broadcasts toward Cuba disrupted airport communication with Latin music, Christian programs and programming opposing Castro.





Then there was the man who bucked the popular trend of sneaking into Florida from Cuba. He stole a small plane from a Florida Keys airport and flew his son to the communist island, where they were detained and sent back to the United States.





Reform Party gubernatorial candidate Max Linn made an emergency landing in his small plane on Interstate 4 near downtown Orlando, tying up traffic. It was the most publicity he had received to that point in his struggling campaign.





A 15-year-old boy stole a transit bus in Orlando and drove it about 12 miles, picking up passengers, collecting fares, driving the speed limit and making all the right stops before police arrested him.





We Love It



Is Florida weird ? I don't think so but ...


Have the pubs closed already?





(Checks watch). Oh my, so they have.





We won%26#39;t even TALK about *my* home state.



Is Florida weird ? I don't think so but ...


I haven%26#39;t heard any of these stories!





Maybe I%26#39;m just weird... News and film at 11:00




This is going to sound mean, but I don%26#39;t mean this in a negative way. I always wonder...are you retired or something?




Ca-Vol: Cue Styx...';Is it any wonder I%26#39;ve got...too much time on my hands...';




How ungracious of you both. You did not need to make any comment whatsoever and you abuse me like this. I expected better of you experienced posters to treat my observant post and moi in this manner.





I am shocked and disheartened - you should be ashamed. I am not retired and I lead a full and active life in business and in my social life. I have a multitude of %26#39;physical%26#39; interests and the energy to be active in them all.




Vegas,



Have you been up all night....?




a few too many Bud lights me thinks!




You two can be more understanding as well. i am not hung over just disappointed in the rather neglectful responses of others.




Well for what its worth, I have to say I find them ammusing keep them comming.




It isn%26#39;t just FL, there are things like this come up in any and every state.







Even a novelist couldn%26#39;t make up Drew Peterson and his crazy attorney.





But, FL does attract people from all over the country like California does, and NYC from the world. So, those 3 states have a high proportion of craziness as they have their own native crazys, and all the crazys that move there.

No comments:

Post a Comment