Monday, April 23, 2012

1st time to Orlando. Things to do & hotel help

My husband found a great deal on plane tickets from Ohio to Orlando. We would fly out on a friday morning and fly back home sunday night. Neither one of us have ever been to Florida before. We would not be visiting Disney World because I would feel guilty the rest of my life that I did not take the kids. This trip is just a mini vacation to get reconnected with each other and relax.



I am looking for things to do and a clean reasonable priced hotel. Should we rent a car or is it cheaper to use taxis?



1st time to Orlando. Things to do %26amp; hotel help


If you can find a place to stay along I-Drive, you won%26#39;t need a vehicle; only transport to and from the hotel and airport.





Would you like a suite room? Homewood Suites come very highly rated and recommmended here on T.A.



1st time to Orlando. Things to do %26amp; hotel help


Hi





Ive been to Orlando the last five years and have always stayed in the homewood suites and cant recommend them highly enough. lovely large bedrooms with seperate sitting room/kitchen, free breakfast and also free managers reception mon -thurs. Great location no car really needed plenty of things within walking distance and plenty of transport for farther away.





ma




Thank you both. I will check them out. What is close to that hotel that we could walk to?




this seems more of amini vacation romantic getaway, so I would advise against Idrive. I%26#39;d say, stay in LBV somewhere.





Courtyard by marriott is quiet and nice and the pool is always empty you could have it to yourself and there are plenty of restaurants in walking distance. It has a full cooked breakfast buffet, and the one bed suites have small LR and minikitchen. Or, if you can get a good deal bump up in Luxury to the Hyatt Grand Cypress or the Marriott World Resort or the Swan or Dolphin Hotels.





The last two are great because they are situated near the Boardwalk where you can stroll, shop, eat dinner etc. And all the above aren%26#39;t full of children to make you feel guilty about yours!




Close to the Homewood Suites on I-Drive, you have all kinds of restaurants, several shopping areas, and a few attractions like WonderWorks within 1/2 mile.





For distances furhter away up I-DRive, you can catch the I-Ride trolley that runs up and down the street. North of this location is many more restaurants, shops, and amusement places.




Unless you get a hotel that provides free shuttle from airport I would rent a car. Orlando has some of the cheapest car rental rates only to be topped in my opinion by Las Vegas. Spend a little time finding a good rental rate and don%26#39;t wait around for public transportation or spending the $$ on a taxi. If I were you....check out the beaches, I have never been to Clearwater, so others can help you with that but we stayed a couple of nights at a really nice hotel (actually a time share..but booked on expedia) in Ormond Beach that is right next to Daytona Beach. It is only about an hour drive and it was gorgeous.




Getting a good price on Flights is Great :) I wouldn%26#39;t however spend a weekend in Orlando if I wasn%26#39;t going to the Theme Parks. I would rent a car and head to the Gulf. A few quiet days at the Beach would be more re-connectingish ( if that could be a word )




I like Party Pa%26#39;s suggestion!




Rent a car and stay in one of the GHilton hotels including Double tree -, Homewood and Embassy - you won%26#39;t go far wrong and there is always one that is on offer.



www.hilton.com

No comments:

Post a Comment