Friday, March 23, 2012

Can I try Conch here

Is there any restaurants that serves conch? would love to try.



Can I try Conch here


Off hand I can%26#39;t think of who does it regularly. The conch used in fritters and conch chowder [on the menu occasionally] is queen conch, found in the deep waters around the Keys where it%26#39;s a common menu item. Perhaps someone else knows a place.





Stone crab is available in season and really good.





Crab cakes - I%26#39;d avoid them at Grandma Dot%26#39;s and at Trader%26#39;s they were unimpressive. I like lump crab cakes with barely enough breadcrumbs to hold them together myself, not the creamy shredded crab cakes. They are on other menus, but I haven%26#39;t tried them.



Can I try Conch here


I remember conch being at Island Cow. On the menu they tell you how to pronounce it.




I think Lazy Flamingo serves conch chowder and conch fritters.

No comments:

Post a Comment