Friday, March 23, 2012

Weather, 10 day outlook, alot of Rain???

Checking the weather for the Keys and Key West and it looks like there is going to be alot of rain the week of the 10th. I thought it doesn%26#39;t rain alot in the Keys, should I be worried about having my vacation rained out and it costing me a fortune!??

Weather, 10 day outlook, alot of Rain???

No! The outlook is only a guess. While today is windy and chilly (by KW standards, 70 degrees) this time of year is usually outstadning. Remember, the weather people can%26#39;t truly tell you the weather beyond 24 hours. Don%26#39;t let it worry you. Come on down.

Weather, 10 day outlook, alot of Rain???

Seabus is right. Statistically, we have less than two inches of rain in March - the second driest month in Key West after February.

March ';sunshine hours'; clock in at 82%.

According to rssweather.com: ';Sunshine hours refers to the amount sunshine there is during the hours of daylight. A higher percentage means there is more sunshine through the day and a lower percentage will indicate that it is probably cloudier. Sunshine hours are important when you are planning your vacation.';

Here is a link to the Key West page of the site with some stats for our weather all year long.

rssweather.com/climate/Florida/Key%20West/


Here in the Upper Keys (similar weather pattern to Lower Keys) there is a 60% chance of rain today. The sun is out after an hour or so of rain early this morning. The weather moves through fast in the Keys.


Krystal wrote ';I thought it doesn%26#39;t rain alot in the Keys, should I be worried about having my vacation rained out and it costing me a fortune!??';

What are your choices?

1) Worry about it.

2) Do something about it

3) Go and have a rotten time

4) Go and have a good time

1) Why worry? You can%26#39;t change the weather.

2) Do what? Cancel the trip? How expensive is that?

3) What can I say about that?

4) There is so much to do and see, even if its raining, Have a blast. When life gives you limes, make a margarita.

Another thing. How often is the 10 day forcast right where you live? Here in MN, they are about .00000000000005% on the 10 day. I mean half the time they get yesterdays weather wrong.


Yeah I know I said the same thing to myself when i checked the 10 day forcast. I guess not matter what i am on vacation and not here where the power was just out for 2 hours due to maybe the massive rain we have been having , which is better than snow but melting the snow and causing flooding, even in my basement which has been dry for 25 years. Ok so I won%26#39;t worry about the weather, I checked before i came onto the forum and now it looks great so who knows. Just wanted to enjoy my first time to the Keys the ride down and I don%26#39;t think anyone wants to spend alot of money and you vacation gets rained out which has happened to me before but I didn%26#39;t spend as much as I have already spent on Plane, Accomodations etc. So I am leaving on Tues. Rain or Shine. Going to eat,DRINK! check out the sunset shop till I drop if It rains and who cares, cause I am on vacation and that is all that matters.


Leaving tomorrow for the keys! Not going to worry because I can%26#39;t do a thing about the weather and I for one do not intend to have a rotten time! Bring on the limes, I%26#39;m ready for a marg now.

  • delegates
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment