Saturday, March 24, 2012

Key West Music

I would like to take home some local music CD. Where can I buy some music? Who are local bands?



Key West Music


Almost every person you here playing in the bars usually also sell their own cd%26#39;s.





Just find someone you like and ask them if they have a cd for sale. You%26#39;ll come home with a ton.



Key West Music


Most local bands will have copies of their music for sale wherever they are playing. Just ask and they will be glad to sell you some of their music.





Maybe other TA posters will know about a local store that sells local music but I%26#39;m not sure.




One World and Mile Marker 24 are two popular bands. Pick up any local paper while you are there and most usually have an entertainment section and you can see where they are playing. Michael McCloud is another popular one. He is usually at The Schooner Wharf.




I meant to add to that ';and they all have CDs out and sell them when they are playing';




Scoot Kirby is another one worth searching out. You can also google any of these people and probably find out more info. Some also have music out on



i-tunes.




2 words... Pete and Wayne.. Oops, I guess thats 3=) They%26#39;re at Sloppys Wed-Saturday. Great comedic duo. I never get tired of their CDs.





Don%26#39;t know if Pat Daily is down there yet, he plays at Sloppys as well and is great.





Does anyone know if Dave Goodman still plays Key West?




Arnie,



We saw MM24 at Schooner Wharf in December and they were GREAT! The ex bought a CD and she listens to it all the time. They play mostly originals, but a cross between Buffett and upbeat country. I think I heard some reggae too, but that might have been the Jager shots kicking in.



I checked SWB web site to see when they are coming back, but nothing through February.



Already got plans to see Spam All-Stars at the Parrot April 18-20. Now that%26#39;s a party band!




I call the music of all these bands ';tourock';. 100% light soft rock about drinks, islands, boats etc.



Lots of jokes and bantering with audience. I pass on it but it seems quite popular.




great tips thanks




Although he isn%26#39;t from Key West, I love Jim Morris. We saw him multiple times when we were in town the same weekend as MOTM. Love his CD%26#39;s.

No comments:

Post a Comment